There are so many brands today that it has become quite an exhausting task to pick out the right type of stainless steel cookware. All these brands come in various sizes, specifications among other features. So how exactly can you factor them out until you are left only with the best cookware for you? Well, stick with me to find out.
Before you go out shopping for cookware, it is important that you make sure you are well prepared and know what exactly you are going to look for. If you aren’t sure there are tonnes of cookware blogs like cook with tina which will help you get the gist of all the kinds of cookware on the market.
The first step is to plan your budget. Know the amount you plan to spend on cookware. Save if you must but do not strain yourself much with those that seem way out of your league. There is several cheap stainless steel cookware that can still offer such competitive features as the expensive models.
Once you have the money, now gather information about the stainless-steel cookware that is available within your financial limits. You can do this by visiting online sites and checking out the various sellers and their prices. Another way is simply by visiting the stores and go window shopping as you ask around about them.
Factoring in the Qualities
Once you now have your list of the types of cookware that are within your budget, you will now need to analyze their features and see which one offers the most value for your money. There are quite a few features that I recommend you consider and these include:
- Durability. Of course, I am sure you want to buy something that is going to last long. The best stainless steel cookware is those made of 18/10 commercial stainless steel. Their good looks will remain for long. These last longest and are resistant to corrosion.
- Heat conductivity. Stainless steel on its own conducts heat very poorly. To improve this, it is usually given a core made of aluminum or copper. Copper is a better conductor of heat than aluminum and therefore stainless steel cookware made of it in its core will be the best heat conductors. They are however the most expensive.
- Warranty. It is always wise to check and see if the manufacturer provides any form of warranty. Some are known to offer full lifetime warranties. Such manufacturers tend to have the best products and in any case, it never harms to have a warranty and you can never tell when it may be useful.
- Size. Make sure you get cookware that satisfies all your needs for various size needs.
- The components of the set. Different cookware sets will comprise of different types of cookware. Ensure you check them so that you take home the one with the right type for you.